Window Screen FAQ’s
While we’re capable and experienced in many phases of Residential Construction, our primary focus is on Window Screens; to help our community keeping insects and/or harmful UV rays and solar radiation OUT of your home / property.
Generally, you’ll notice places where the screen fabric coating is missing.
Ideally, and for a nominal fee (Service Charge), we’re happy to measure your Windows for new or replacement Screens.
You’re also welcome to drop off existing screens for repair or rebuilding. Please, call before doing so. 601-942-3049
2 – 4 times per year, wash your windows with a mild window cleaning solution.
- Combine water, white vinegar and dish detergent in a bucket. Increase amounts as needed.
- Using a soft bristle scrub brush on an extension pole handle thingy, dip the brush in a bucket of the solution, and scrub it on the window.
- Before it has a chance to dry, spray/rinse it off with clean water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly. A hose fitted with a sprayer attachment is helpful.
We’re happy to repair or rebuild your existing window screens.
Certainly. We do ask that you call us to schedule an appointment
In a perfect world:
When removing the existing screens, makes notes of any that do not come out easily. Describe the problem as best you can so that we can make adjustments to the sizes as required.
Most Window Screens ought to be removable, without too much prying.
Screens that have not been removed in a while, may have dirt in the lower track acting as a seal.
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 teaspoon dish detergent
- scrub brush
- optional extension pole
- water hose
- optional sprayer attachment